Start of content
- Posted: 04.07.12
- Subject: HR Job Hunting
- Location: Philippines
- I'm Filipino, on assignment in a regional role HR in Singapore, and looking to return to The Philippines. How should I ensure I maximise my value in my home market?
- Employ a variety of strategies, including networking with contacts and specialist HR headhunters on the ground in the Philippines, plus stakeholders at a regional level. Start your search early - perhaps even 12 months before you are looking to return. It may take time for workable options to surface. Try to look for opportunities that can leverage off your regional experience as well as your previous in-country HR experience. If you want to maximise your salary package look for companies undergoing change and transformation or looking to up-scale. Avoid maintenance roles. Given your perspective outside of the Philippines you may also sit better with an international CEO or management team. Also look for opportunities that involve another career path beyond the Philippines in the future. It’s possible you could return home for several years and then move outside to continue your international career track.
- Back to list
- HR Director Australia – Sydney Based (2259/SCW), Industrial & Manufacturing
- Australia, Permanent | 23.05.2013
- C&B Director APAC, Singapore (1789/BD), Professional Services & Consulting
- Singapore, Permanent | 22.05.2013
- Head of Human Resources – Los Angeles (2295/SCW), Professional Services & Consulting
- Other Locations, Permanent | 21.05.2013